Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mackay Floods

Mackay, Queensland Australia (my original home town) Is currently experiencing the worst flood in 90 years.

Please spare a moment of your time to think of those that have lost everything. My extended family were affected, but are lucky to own Queensland style homes and although they have last cars, washing machine and other belongings, they have been able to stay in their own homes and still have a dry bed.

3 comments:

  1. Kylie, I can't believe we live in the same country when we are begging for rain.
    Thos floods were so quick- I hope your family stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floods have just been devestating and so wide spread. I am so shocked by it all. Glad that your family did not loose all of their possessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad your dad was able to make it south for Baden's Christening. It's hard to get others to understand just how fightening a flood an be. Bushfires are relatively easy to figure out; floods - creepy and insidious.

    ReplyDelete