Friday, November 30, 2007

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas...

So here is what the 25 matchboxes became! Little decorations for Amelia's Advent Tree. I think that next time year I will make little felt decorations to pop inside and they can also be added to the tree as the days go by.Inside the boxes are little messages - she will possibly understand it a little more next year - but I think that we will have fun all the same.

  • Open 1st December Christmas Present from Grandma and Grandpa
  • Put up Christmas Tree
  • Attend Christmas Pagent
  • Visit Santa and Get a photo taken (attempt anyway)
  • Have a picnic in the park with Mum and Dad
  • Watch Christmas DVD with Popcorn
  • Paint toe nails in Christmas Colours
  • Post Christmas Cards
  • Draw a picture
  • Do a collage with stickers
  • Put out food to be collected for the Salvation Army's Christmas Food Appeal
  • Cook Christmas Biscuits
  • Visit Christmas Lights
  • Make Plum Pudding
  • Read a Christmas Story
  • Attend Christmas Carols
  • Select a card off of the Kmart Smith Family Christmas Tree
  • Leave Milk and Biscuits out for Santa and Sprinkle Reindeer Food
  • Merry Christmas
Some will occur on special days and others will be a random selection.
We are six days short - so if any of you have some ideas for us PLEASE let me know!

7 comments:

  1. well done! You're way ahead of me. I need to get on the ball or advent is going to be starting late around here! (I think I'm going to cheat and just copy my last years project entirely!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh what a wonderful idea....
    heres a few more ideas....
    make xmas chocolates
    make bon bons (crackers) for xmas dinner...
    make a special ornament for the tree....
    give a gift to the elderly
    exchange a family or playmate kris kringle....

    ohhhh whata wonderful time of year.
    happy planning
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, never thought of hanging the boxes on a tree, very cute. And I love the different activities each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, found your blog from an EB comment, and had to say that I love this idea for advent! What a fantastic list of activities that are creative and generous and get to the real spirit of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! It looks wonderful.
    How about...
    - read 't'was the night before Christmas' poem
    - watch Muppets' Christmas Carol movie
    - act out the nativity scene
    - make an ABC book where each page has a different letter of the alphabet, and stands for something christmassy or from 2007 - eg. C is for Carols (and then illustrate it)...a good memento to keep!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - I love the activities for Advent - hope Amelia has fun there are some excellent activities there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the advent tree...what a fantantic idea. :-) And the girls outfits are adorable.

    ReplyDelete