Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Creative Space | A finished shawlette

A finished shawlette marks the first completed Christmas gift.  I have wanted to knit this pattern for a while.  I read reports that it was an easy to follow pattern.  I was doing well until I decided to knit 3 complete repeats instead of 2 and a half before the final lace chart.


It feels great to have something completed, wrapped and ready to gift and I think that I will make myself one next year.


I always have grand plans of making lots of my gifts.  But in reality that never happens as I am neck deep in packing boxes.


I'm going to keep a running tally on Christmas Gifts this year.  I'm also interested in what extra things I will have to purchase along the way.  I'm certain that I have enough fabric and yarn in this house to make most of my gifts.


Cost:
Pattern: 198 yds of heaven = free
Yarn: 85grams of Araucania Solid Worsted / 10 ply, $16 (been in stash over a year) = $0
Total: + $16

 Don't forget to pop over here.  There is still lots of neon rope fun to be seen.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Kylie, it'll make an amazing gift. can't wait until i'm good enough to make something like this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh love the blue!!
    Very clever. looks quite tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kylie,
    Your shawl is beautiful, I think the color is beautiful too. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh that is so delicate and pretty, but i love the poppy colour! gorgeous. :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Kylie...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete