We woke this morning to shock and horror - The Brisbane River is mingled in between the city streets of our CBD.
Praying and thinking of all those that are affected.
The rain has stayed away and given a little relief that the river did not rise as much a what they were expecting a day or so ago. 4.5m though is still high and has caused a thick brown sludge to enter many properties and change people's lives. Sadly - the water is not going anywhere in a hurry. We are bracing ourselves for another King Tide at 4pm. Stay safe everyone.
20,000 homes and business are inundated by this water and 1000's are in evacuation centres with no idea of when they will be able to return home.
They are talking that it may take up to 2 years to rebuild.
and in true Queensland style - someone has found a way to bring a smile to others.
I have been hooking up a few sandwiches - will announce them tomorrow - What do you think - should I auction or raffle them? I wonder what all the organisers of the Premiers Flood Relief are thinking with all the $5 donations.


Love that photo! I had the same thought myself about those $5 donations lol.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering that too... $5.... lots and lots and lots! In the end... I don't think they'll care what the amounts are... just the final amount that's donated to help these very unfortunate people in these difficult circumstances. Just terrible.
ReplyDeleteRaffle Kylie, looking forward to buying a ticket or three:)
ReplyDeleteI votes auction! But either way I will be trying to acquire one of these sandwiches - they're brilliant!
ReplyDeleteHi Kylie,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see a new friend on my blog. 28/1 5pm is going to be a day of great relief! I hope your DH will be able to get out some time soon too.
I love those sandwiches, they are SO gorgeous! My girls would go crazy for them :-)
x
H