Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Party {And then she was SIX}

I thought I would start the first day of October off with a bang and a party and share with you a little party.

We had a little tea party with a few friends in celebration of Amelia turning six on Thursday.

The kids usually get something handmade as part of their birthday presents.  But due to lack of time and the late night knitting that occured here I just plain ran out of time.

Instead, every part of Amelia's little tea party was baked and prepared by me.  All on Thursday monring.  Thank heavens for my new machine in the kitchen (more on that later) or there would have been tears.

Decorations were in the form of chinese lantans made by the birthday girl and a few ballons.

Tea cups from the opshops were filled with a few lollies and taken home by the guests. The girls decorated their own cup cakes and a game of musical chairs, pass the parcel and dancing filled in the time.


Joining in with the month worth of celebrations and fun that is Blogtoberfest over at Tinniegirl.




Tinniegirl Blogtoberfest 2011

4 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday party. Happy birthday Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely 6th birthday party for our beautiful princess love ya love grandpa and Grandma xxxxxxxooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous party! SHe is one lucky little lady. Everything looked so lovely and the tea cup party favours is a wonderful idea. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous party. I love the cake - such a pretty pink colour; I always overdo the pink colouring in my icing:)

    ReplyDelete