Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Creative Space {Finished}

The fluffiness that was last week is off the needles.  Wrapped, delivered and received at it's destination awaiting the arrival of the big day to be worn on the shoulders of the to be bride.

There has been alot of stressing over the last week (hence the lack of blogging).  Will I get it finished, will she like it, will it arrive in time and will it fit.  Knitting is stressful to start with when making gifts but this project took it to a whole new level.  There have also been alot of late nights and lots of swearing in the name of our future Queen.

It is adorable.  I think it will look fantastic on and from all weather reports it is meant to be a chilly one in our nations capitol this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing photos of it on. 

I know you are all asking, Will I knit another?  Yes I will, I would love one for myself to wear to functions of which there will be a few next year when we move south.  Will I knit you one?  YES.  But at a price and not until next year.  I am now officially on holiday from anything fluffy and fuzzy.

Kate Middleton, you are stunning and I love your sense of style and elegance.  But your name is a swear word in this house at the moment.

All the details of the bolero can be found on Ravelry.And of course joining in over here.




11 comments:

  1. Wow! It came out so beautifully and is going to look gorgeous on the bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ijust finished my first ever sweater and it needs blocked around a bit, but I'm already itching to start the next. I just LOVE this one. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I just finished a bolero for my wedding. It's a chunky pink shrug and I love it. I need to take some photos and post it soon. Our wedding is in November but when the sun goes down out in Canungra it can get a bit cool so I thought better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its beautiful Kylie! Looking forward to seeing pics of the bride wearing it.

    Cant believe you pulled that off AND a party - rest up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylie - it's gorgeous, perfect for a wedding. It is so delicate and lovely - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lucky bride, she will look even more gorgeous now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! What a very lucky bride. I wish I could knit something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a natural , you should have your own label Love dad and Mum ooxx

    ReplyDelete