Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A friend in the Kitchen...

Meet my new friend in the kitchen.

She has been part of the family for a few months now and to she is here to stay.

The Thermomix.  A food processor that also minces, blends, beats, whips, grinds, kneads and COOKS.  It has taken me a while to come out in blogland as I didn't want you all to think that I was made of money.

I have dreamt of owning one of these since I saw it at a friends demo in December last year.  I came home announcing that I would love one to my husband and he announced that I could have it the next day if it cooked toast and replaced the oven* (the two things that it can not achieve)

After finally killing  the food processor in May, I ordered one and have not looked back.
Just look at their faces.  This was the first time they used it and they were not impressed.

It took a little convincing the kids that this new machine was a good thing.  We had tears from both of them as helping Mum in the kitchen meant licking the beaters and I was not about to take out the blade for them.  They have come around now and love helping to make everything from cakes and playdough to micing tge garlic and watching steak turn into mince
I am enjoying how quickly it makes everything and Tim fears that if it ever breaks I will not know how to use a knife and with Baden with his reactions to food preservatives I have cut down my preparation in the kitchen by approx 2 hours a day.
Parmesan Cheese in seconds

This is not going to become a food/thermomix blog.  But if you would like to see it in action and live in Brisbane I have signed up as a consultant and would love to come and cook you and a few friends lunch or dinner so you can see its magic. There is no pushy sales pitch. I promise.

 * Little did I know that he had been on to Google and checked out what it could do.

Tinniegirl Blogtoberfest 2011

8 comments:

  1. hehe about your hubby.. too funny.
    I have heard so much about thermomix and am sure I need one... hubby however will be MUCH harder to convince...but I will come and admire yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a bit of a non-cook I am always interested to hear what the Thermomix can do - lots of people seem to be very happy to have it.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a few more blog posts about how you use it other than to bake biscuits and cakes as I don't really want an abundance of those in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Thermomix junkies are coming out thick and fast at the moment.

    Sigh!

    I love the idea of them but I also worry that I wouldn't utilise their full potential (and I too would have to pursuade hubby. Mine would OK it if it made a perfect expresso...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ your DH. That is something that mine would do!

    Tonight the kids were in the bath. We always make a joke about me making kid soup in the bath because i have a tendency to run the bath on the hot side. So tonight when they got out of the bath, they were "beeping" to let me know that the soup was done!

    I made dhal for dinner and mango sorbet in mine tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhmm. Since I've only ever used the blender in the food processor/blender combo I have, I fear such a kitchen beast would be lost on me. Plus I wouldn't be mincing steak in it or anything... and I DO like toast...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a bit jealous, but I don't really 'need' one... Maybe after I get the new kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so intrigued about the Thermomix!! I would love a demonstration...Leonie could come, too (we share a post code)!

    Visiting from Leonie's Blogs I'm Loving post :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard that they are fabulous, exactly how expensive are they?

    ReplyDelete