Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Creative Space

I am playing with two new friends this week.

A ball winder and a wooden swift.  Two things that have been on my wish list for a while and when I recieved some money for Christmas I thought that I would put it to good use.

It takes minutes to wind beautiful tight centre pull balls, that once would have taken me hours if not days.

My little helper thought that the swift was a little noisy, I might have to find the bees wax.


Three balls waiting to be turned into something special.  I might even have to build up my dyes now and dye some yarn to sell.

Pop in and say hi at Kootoyoo and be sure to pop around to a few crafty spots.

9 comments:

  1. Good buying, I love mine, but sadly don't have much use for it. Need to knit and spin more :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! Those balls look so professional.
    And quick!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good wool winder but I haven't used a swift before! looks like you've been having fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow they look great! Nice light in your images too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks fancy!
    Enjoy your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors! So very lovely. I like your little helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just found your blog. It looks lovely.
    A ball winder and swift are on top of my list too....could you tell me where you got yours from?
    It is just such a handy tool, isn't it.
    Cheers, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks like fun! I'll have to come round for a demo...and maybe to re-roll a ball of two that poppet has demolished...I mean, had fun with ;). Hope all is lovely :) x x

    ReplyDelete