Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Family Shot...

Thought that I would share a few photos that I took of our family the other week (the same day as flying the kites actually)

Crafting has slowed down around here - but it is still happening.  I seem to be spending most of my hours in the car or occupying a little man that after seven weeks of his sister at fulltime school, is still missing her like crazy.




Can YOU HELP - I am out of photo storage apparently - I did not even know that I had a photo account somewhere and that the photos that I upload here straight from my computer were infact stored somewhere else.  Any tips and assistance on ideas would be appreciated.  Those with wordpress and other accounts how do they work and would you suggest them - A blog is not a blog after all without photos.

EDIT:  Many thanks to Becky Etal.  I have purchased 20G for the pricey sum of $5 - That will give me another 12 months to decide where my next step will be.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely family pics :-) Very sweet.
    I never thought that it was possible to run out of space?? What now? Isn't the internet infinitely large (or do you now just have to 'buy' some space??)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, have you been resizing your photos before uploading? I wonder if that is why your blog's album is full?

    I size mine down before uploading and have not had any worries to date. I wonder how I find out how much storage I have left, and what you do about it otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, after having a look, my picassa album is telling me I have just over 1000 photos but have only used 32%. You can upgrade your storage, but they will charge you... Not sure how much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful portrait Kylie!
    hope the little guy gets used to being without his sis soon...and then it will be easter holidays!

    i had no idea we had a limit, I also resize mine. if you find out more about this can you please let us know.
    thanks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=39567

    Found this link on blogger and was going to email it to you but thought if I put it here it might be of interest to others too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol... I was as shocked as you about 3 months ago to learn that storage was infinite... I have been slowly resizing all of mine as I hadnt done this prior to uploading.... whne that fails though I guess I will be up for purchasing more space....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures - the kids are growing up soooo quickly :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i suddenly got booted out of being able to upload directly from my laptop, i had to load them to Picasa earlier this year, if i wanted to post more than 2 images on my blog. I resize mine so they're under 100kb, so far so good. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting me know, I wasnt aware I had a picassa album either :o I have a few thousand photos and for some reason a lot of mine doubled up, not sure if its because I was using windows live writer? Anyhow interesting to note that those photos were only 20kb, I usually cut and paste into Windows live writer.

    With my photo blog I upload to flickr and either blog direct from flickr OR cut and pasted flickr link to my live writer (which when done this way doesnt restore them in picassa) bit confusing? I paid for a flickr pro account - best money I ever spent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just stumbled across your blog - if you go into your photo account at
    https://picasaweb.google.com.. you sign in using the same email or username and password that you use to sign into your blog.

    you should be still able to upload pics to your blog free - all that has happened is the album your blog pics is in is full so you just need to click upload and make a new album to start loading your blog pics into..

    you can add the pics straight to you blog from there aswell..have a play and youll work it out - you will never have to pay for storage as you can make as many photo albums for the blog as you like...

    hope this helps and made sense :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely new family shot Kylie....
    How sad for your little man to be missing his sister...Hope you can keep him occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice family photo , we will have to get one , well done Love Grandpa and Grandma oooxxxx

    ReplyDelete