Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Head Warmer!


It has turned cold here and we were heading to the ANZAC march and my little man needed a beanie to keep his head warm.
Well that is what this crazy mumma thought.
Unfortunatly Baden spends more time trying to get it off. Currently he will only leave it on if he is tired and about to fall asleep. As soon as he is awake, it is off.

We have already lost it while shopping (I back tracked to find it!)
Pattern: Aviatrix baby hat by Justine Turner
Yarn: Patons INCA (1 Ball from stash)
Needles: 5.5 and 7mm straights
Started: April 24th 2009
Finished: April 25th 2009
Modifications: This was actually the second hat that I knitted in a 24hour period. The first is just way to small for Baden's buffa of a head.
I followed Justine’s cast on instructions for the size 1 - 3 years Poppy beanie in the INCA.

I will be doing more of these as they will make a fab little boys baby gift!

5 comments:

  1. Cute little hat and looks nice and quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, it's a great beanie, but I have to admit I am laughing at Baden always wanting to take it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beanie!! I have the same trouble trying to keep hats on my girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I think I recognise the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylie, I am so impressed that you knitted 2 beanies in 24 hours. I really love that pattern, and the yarn looks great. :D

    ReplyDelete