So it looks like I will get around to this post every two weeks. Will see you I go, but that is a good as start as any.
If you would like to see more of these challenge posts then please pop over to Belinda at Getting Back to Basics.
IN THE GARDEN
Sowing Seeds
Onions
Shallots
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage (Sugar Loaf)
Harvest
Thyme
1 Mini Watermelon
Maintenance
Watering of garden beds and herb garden
Relocating the herbs
Observing herbs for any return of cabbage moth
Dealt with Mice - bought these little plastic things that you shove int he brick spacing to keep them OUT - yay - got to be happy with that.
Pumpkin vine
Tomatoes -Dont seem to be ripening - there are plenty on them - will look into what I can make with them (ideas welcome)
PLANNING/ WORKING FOR THE FUTURE
Dried Thyme to add to dishes at a later date
BUILDING COMMUNITY
Made a double batch of spaghetti Bolognase mince, Biscuits and Cake for a friend who recently lost her husband. (even if they sit in the freezer for a while - they will be there when she has a bad day)
Made lunch and went for a drive out into the sticks to enjoy there company.
LEARN A NEW SKILL
Learnt how to format the blog so I have a header that can be linked to - thanks for letting me know that this could not be done Belinda. And many thanks to all those that helped. Becca - it was your suggestion that worked.
Double knitting - I had no idea.

Sounds like a good mini harvest. :)
ReplyDeleteWhatever you did when you when you typed up this blog, you made the title of the post clickable! And I have it in my live feeds, instead of it being empty. :D :D
Me? Glad I helped, which surprises me as I don't normally know much about technical stuff either. That is DH's job around here!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so well with the back to basics challenge. Have you tested the citrus cleaner yet?