Monday, April 20, 2009

More knitting off of the needles

Well these were not on the needles for very long at all.Cast on yesterday morning while watching the kids play in there little home corner - more on that later. And off this afternoon.How could I resist but put them on the bum that they are for. How cute is he. (and as you can see my the photos I did not even wait to lanolise them before putting them on - I needed to get a photo before the sun went down and got to cool)Pattern: Vanilla Soaker by Kelly Brooker (ravelry download pattern for a very affordable price)
Kelly Blogs as knit.so.quaint
Yarn: Red Cleckheaton 12ply (another ball and a bit from the stash - I am on a roll with this stash busting aren't I - it was an op shop find from some time ago)
Blue Cleckheaton 12ply
Needles: 4mm and 5mm
Started: April 19th 2009
Finished: April 20th 2009
Modifications: Not that I meant to but the ribbing in both the soaker and the waist band are a little longer than in the instructions - which actually works for the long rise on my little man.
Next time I think that I will knit the band in a 3.75mm. I really will have to add the tie in.
New Things Learnt: I have never done a cowyak before or a sewn bind off - what fun - will be doing these again.
I would recommend this and the longies pattern to any new knitter. It is not hard to understand the patterns and the only thing that you really need to get your head around is short rows (of which are explained in detail in both patterns)


5 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! I love the colours... I might borrow the longies pattern for Ben...even though we dont use cloth nappies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely knitting and is that the shots you wanted or would he just not stay still long enough? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you knitted them in 1 day? Amazing! They are really cute Kylie, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cute! Love those 'behind' shots!

    ReplyDelete