Anyway - Onto the knitting content.
I present you with Baden's new Longies.
I love how this wool knitted up
When I started them I thought that I would only be putting Baden in them for bed - But I love them so much that it will be a shame to hide them away in a dark room of a night time LOL - These will see the light of day.
Received this pattern for Christmas from my non knitting SIL (do you think that it is maybe a hint that she would like a set for her little one!)
They are Ladybug Loops, by Anne McCrea. The rise is perfect and they fit a treat. Well done Anne, a job well done. I will definitely being making more of these for him this winter (well at least two more sets that will actually be made for bed!) You can get yourself a copy here. Go on - you know you want to.
Yarn: Knitspirations 12ply Merino
Patons Jet (1 Ball from stash)
Started: April 14th 2009
Modifications: None - Knitted a medium with a large rise. Garter stitch hem and K2tog Bind off. (I love the Bind off - I can not recall doing it before - will definitely be doing it again)

Wow, they look absolutely amazing! I can't get over the fact that you finished them in 4 days! I also love the ways that the yarn has pooled. I keep looking at it, seeing the colours of the ocean, sand, tide lines.... it's just stunning. Fantastic work Kylie. :D
ReplyDeleteThese look great kylie, well done. I wouldn't hide them either.
ReplyDeletecute, cute, cute!! These longies are fantastic! I so wish I could knit like you Kylie:)
ReplyDeleteThey look great, well done :)
ReplyDeleteI just love them Kylie, beautiful wool too- am tempted to try them. Do you think they'd be ok for a novice knitter?
ReplyDeleteYou are very clever and Your children are very lucky to be able to get things that others will never see Love Grandpa and Grandma ooxx
ReplyDeletethese are adorable Kylie and your felted bags are the most beautiful bags ever!!! thank you SOOOO much for your knitting advice, I am on Ravelry but sometimes I wonder why as I am such a novice, but I AM going to take my knitting to the next level, I have decided!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBaden looks ready for action! Love the yarn :)
ReplyDeleteKylie, I love those longies! I feel so jipped that I never found out about longies until Ravelry, which was after my kidsters were too big! Well, maybe they aren't too big, I'll have to look into that...
ReplyDeleteI have to agree that the colors are wonderful and I'm glad you didn't keep them covered up!
Oh lovely! Maybe I'll have to knit some up for my 2 over winter...they are both toilet trained now but I am sure I must have some non nappy bottom patterns somewhere :)! Love the yarn but couldn't get the link to work - I'm a bit time poor at the moment so didn't try all that hard...will be back another day soon! Love the bags you did for Easter - I have added them to my Rav queue. Great to catch up on all your happenings! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWow! They look great and look how big he is growing and moving fast by the looks of it.
ReplyDelete