What is a mother to do on the morn of the race that stops the nation? Make her daughter a facinator of course!
My Mum had bought Amelia a little kit for me to make up and I have placed it in a very safe spot - hopefully I find it in time for next year.
I used this pattern
I am not a huge race watcher, but I always seemed drawn to the Melbourne Cup. Maybe it is Tim's job as every year we all get to dress up, put on a hat and go to a luncheon and watch the race. The best part is the kids are always involved which I love.
This is how our horse ended her day, how did yours go?


Our day was nothing as exciting as yours. All we did was stay home and baked muffins.
ReplyDeleteLove it, your such a talented mama. shes looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMy gosh, you've been busy haven't you. Melbourne Cup Day was very boring for me too. Just went to work and listened to it on the radio. Didn't get into it this year. Love the fasinator. Good place for the horses I say.
ReplyDeleteLooks great!!! It sounds loke you had a great family day out for Melbourne Cup, go on you!!! To be honest I didn't even watch the race, pretty sad hey?? LOL!!
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Jodie :)