I was sitting looking at the toys on Ravelry the other night and thought 'I could make that'
So with the inspiration on Rav and Flickr I sat down with a crochet hook and set to work.
A few nights of crocheting, head scratching and lots of frogging, this is the result:
2 x pieces of White Bread measuring approx 14cm long x 10cm high1 x slice of ham (probably more like Devon)
1 x lettuce leaf
1 x slice of tomato
1 x slice of beetroot
1 x slice of swiss cheese
2 x onion rings
3 x slices of cucumber
It sounds a little like the very hungry caterpillar doesn't it.
I could get very addicted to making crochet food!* Inspiration from here, here, and here. And there are alot of people making felt ones around at the moment too!
Oh you are clever Kylie! That sandwich is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Kylie!!!I've seen a few of these little sanga's on Raverly too and have been thinking of trying to construct one for the little princess for Xmas as a stocking filler.. Yours looks great!!
ReplyDeleteJodie :)
That is great, well done
ReplyDeleteThis looks good enough to eat, well almost! You have done a fantastic job, I love it!!
ReplyDeleteI hope that Amelia enjoys sandwich making for a bit : ) Have you seen Georgie's blog recently? She's sewn up a gorgeous hat and bag for a little girl that would look super cute on Amelia.
ReplyDeleteHow'd the wedding etc go?
Brilliant idea! Sophie has a great fridge and oven from the Toy Library so I might make some "food" to go with it and donate it back to the Library at the end of our time with it! GREAT! Just need to learn how to crochet now :) !
ReplyDeletewith the felt food being everywhere I was happy to see something different! I love it- although if I decide to make play food it will still probably be from felt!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant Kylie, love it all, you are so clever!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Kylie - I love crafted food of all types (not sure why). That sandwich is totally rockin'
ReplyDeleteYum, it looks great, your so clever.
ReplyDeleteGood on you for taking matters into your own hands! You've done a fantastic job of the food pieces!
ReplyDeleteEEEK, Kylie! These are totally fabulous! Just totally totally wonderful!
ReplyDeletethey are beaut! I'm sure you'll get to sample many tasty sandwhiches soon enough :)
ReplyDelete