Well that is a week and what do I have to prove for it. Humm - I have made a little progress, but was secretly hoping that I would have more to prove for my time.
This seems to be the reason that I have not done as much as first hoped.

Our darling, beloved, purebred (saying all of this cause I really do love her and would not have it another way) Jumped into the dam last Thursday night and tore her leg and chest open. She has jumped into that same dam at the same place every day - but it appears that some delightful children in the area with nothing better to do had dragged a 4by2 piece of timber and dumped it. DH was right behind her and carried her home. And two hours of surgery, an overnight hospital stay and what was going to be my new sewing machine money that I had been saving for she is home. But (there is always a but isn't there!) The delightful
Off the list:
Tim's socks are finished - unfortunately the foot is too tight (humm - my tension square for the rib compared to the stocking stitch is completely out. So, they will be keeping my feet warm next winter, not my first choice in colour, but in all reality who is going to see them under long pants and inside boots anyway?

Needles: 2.25mm
Started: August 8th 2008
Started: August 8th 2008
Finished: October 25th 2008
1 x tea cosy - finished and I am really happy with how it turned out. I have not stitched the lid in place (thought that I would check it against the recipients tea pot before doing that last final step (note to self: remember to pack spare wool and needle when packing bags to go away for Christmas) This one will be for my Nan, she is a lover of roses. Tim seems to think that she will not use a tea cosy in Mackay - but I beg to differ. (am only showing a sneak peak at this - if you would like to see it in full you will have to go and check it out on Raverly - Have to keep some surprise for Christmas Day!)

Pattern: Grand Purl Baa's Rosie Posy Tea Cosy
Flower: Simple Knitted Rose and Leaf
Yarn: Cleckheaton Country Naturals and Shepherd Colour 4 Me
Flower: Simple Knitted Rose and Leaf
Yarn: Cleckheaton Country Naturals and Shepherd Colour 4 Me
Needles: 4.5mm Hook: 4mm
Started: October 24th 2008
Started: October 24th 2008
Finished: October 25th 2008
I have also added to the list (I know I am hopeless) I seriously think that I have CADHD (Crafters AHDH) - there is sure to be a place to send me and like minded people.Lots more to share and tell but that will leave it for another post.
Oh Kylie your poor pooch :( I hope she heals quickly. I love Tim's socks beautiful, at least you benefit :) Love the tea cosy too. You have been busy!
ReplyDeleteOh dear! I hope your four legged baby is better soon.
ReplyDeleteYour work is beautiful as always.
Congrats on finishing that 2nd sock!!! Now can you send me some of what you did to rid you of the sockitus syndrome?
ReplyDeleteYour poor little poochy - hope she's feeling better soon and not milking the sympathy too much from you all (ours does that all the time!!!)
I hope your poor littel girl is well on the one-way road to recovery. A pity abut the sewing machine, but they can wait.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that the socks don't fit Tim. SO annoying but I've always said that swatches L.I.E.!
ReplyDeletePets seem to always do this expensive injury thing at the most inconvenient moments, like just when you've saved enough for a much needed object of craft WIP potential. My cat needed a colonoscopy just has I'd reached my goal amount for a trip to the American/Canadian west coast Channel Islands. Yup, a colonoscopy...
yay you finished the socks at last, LOMA that they fit you and not tim, but i guess we all have to do a prototype at some stage lol. They do look great though.
ReplyDeleteHope Eme gets better for you soon (wish I could see her in the cone head!!!)