Wednesday, April 9, 2008

9:30 and Work in Progress

Here is my Macro for today, a close up of a beanie that I made for a friends little manDoesn't Amelia look cute in it - Might have to make her one as well (a girl can never have too many beanies right)Stats:

Pattern: is from So Much Yarn, So little Time
Yarn: From Granny's cupboard! (got to LOVE grandma's)
Needles: 4mm circulars (using magic loop technique)
Made for: Connor
Timeline: April 4 - 6 2008

Next time I make this I will only knit about 5 inches before I begin the decreases - as it fits me this length (but is a little on the tight side - thought that maybe my eyes would pop out of my head if I left it on any longer) although it does look ok folded up a little!

And this is what I am working on - in the hope of also keeping me warm this year and being able to wear a knit that I have actually knitted. It is knitting up rather quickly - this is about 1hours worth of work (minus the conversation that I had with Mum and the phone and the fight that I had involving my yarn and a friends kitten this afternoon) And DH just informed me that I should finish some of the things that I have started - phh! what would he know!

And on that - this is what has been frogged 5 times and is now becoming something easier - more on that later on

7 comments:

  1. Good luck finishing your sweater. the colors are bright and fun! Of course she looks great in the hat...too cte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that beanie and Amelia does look gorgeous in it.
    Love her long hair hanging out from it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little hat - and model! Hats are like shoes, a girl can never have too many no matter what her age. I love the colours you are using in your top too. As for finishing projects I don't think husbands get that sometimes having lots of things on the go is half the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie great pictures of Amelia, she is looking so grown up

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is sooooo cute!!!!

    I love how big amelia is looking!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That beanie looks gorgeous on your little girl, I love the colour yarn you chose... Your jumper is comming along beautifully too. You're really gotten me in the mood to knit.. THANKS!!

    Jodie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kylie, the beanie is just perfect, doesn't Amelia just look so cute in it too, just like a little surfer chic, and the jumper is looking great too, you'll have it done in no time at this rate.

    ReplyDelete