I am as bad as the next with getting lost in the wonders of the world wide web. Blogs and then Ravelry and now Pinterest are all lovely to look at, but they are the biggest time wasters and suckers of time. I love jumping on and seeing all of the lovely creations and ideas, but then feel guilty when I have not managed any actually creating of my own.
I have made a conscious effort over the last few weeks to actually turn off the computer. Hand the iPad over to the kids (or my darling beloved - he is a little hooked on FLOW at the moment) and actually knit.
In the past two weeks I have cast off two beanies, 3 Milo's, a little cardi, one sock for Le boy and the other foot is half way to being warm. I have also cast on a Colour Affection and am up to the third section. Not a bad effort at all.
My other little secret is to always have a project near by. I have WIP's all over the place. Under the passenger seat, on the bedside table and on the coffee table. This week I have been working on the socks. They have been spotted by the lake.
At the park
I'm hoping to have them on the boy's feet by the end of the weekend as there are a few family members who have put in orders for socks and I'm thinking that they might make good Christmas Gifts.
I'm joing in with Village Voices: Tips for Staying Creative
So true lovely! I could while away hours on the computer and sigh at all the gorgeous stuff people have made. But you just have to turn it off and make something yourself. I not long finished a colour affection and it is heaven. I used red, dark grey and light grey. Can you beleive I tackled such a big project...and finished it! Yay to all your knitting. I bet you're putting a dent in your stash. Keep warm and happy. :) x
ReplyDeleteHey Kylie, you have been busy recently.......
ReplyDeleteYou're right about Ravelry etc. and I have been able to avoid it and Pinterest as I know if I got hooked that would be the end of any creativity here!!
I have a small crochet WIP in a bag, that travels around the countryside with me and it's amazing how much you can get done when you are the passenger.....even on short trips.
Hope you have a great weekend,
CLaire :}
Knitting is such a wonderful portable craft, you've been very productive lately Kylie. And great advice, just get on with it!
ReplyDeleteWOW! That is awesome productivity. Bravo!
ReplyDeleteYes... computers are time suckers aren't they... and inspiration overload isn't too good either.
Absolutely, the computer time is destroying my craft & better yet, lounge craft as i've had a cold!! Love Posie
ReplyDeleteLove you tip "Just do it", so true and easy to get caught up in cyber space! Sometimes we need a little reminder! Thanks :)
ReplyDelete