Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cute little knits

I recently heard about a little man that was born a little too early and that his Mum was not well.

Julie decided to start a little collection for the family with the thought that some things would be for the little wee man and others would go to an auction.
I went straight to the stash boxes and patterns and knitted up a cute little blue Milo and a Baby Puerperium Cardigan.  I then tied them both together with a little beanie (although the beanie ended up more 12 month sized then newborn, it will give him something to grown into)

 So that is my creative space.  I have been using some of my own advise and have been busy creating.  How about you? For more creative spaces pop on over to Kidspot - Vintage Voices

When Julie received them she jumped straight on the phone to personally thank me. I think that we were on the phone for an hour and got off with a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart that I had done my good turn (I was a brownie and a guide and still try to achieve that motto of a good turn daily)

If you would like to join me in a good turn and bring a smile to a few sick little one's face, please see yesterdays blog post.

6 comments:

  1. They look wonderful!
    I'm sure the mother will appreciate both the gesture and the beautiful clothes for her little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are exquisite and I love your motivation for helping with mum in need! What a delight and what a good deed you are doing (yes, a brownie and guide here too!) I love the spirit of this blogging and crafty community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute :) i started making that cardi, but alas its been shelved. love the green you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a wonderful job - and even better I'm sure is the feeling that you get when you help someone else out. You've got heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful knits and a beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie your little knits were just divine. I especially loved the little card with the buttons down the side. Lachlan is a lucky little fellow. Thankyou so much for your help. I know it is greatly appreciated by the family. xxx

    ReplyDelete