Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bandaids for Smiles

I recently found out from a local family that visit the Royal Childrens' Hospital on a regular basis that "Character Band aids" are in short supply.

The RCH is funded for ‘plain’ band-aids but it is noticed that these character band-aids regularly bring a SMILE to a child after an injection or blood transfusion.

It is such a simple and easy gesture.  Many children visit these big hospitals whether just in for a trip to emergency or for a longer stay.

What can you do to help.


If your weekly shopping budget would stretch, could you please buy a packet of Character band-aids.  You can post them to me and I will act as a collection point and deliver them to little Elizabeth.  How great would it be if she was to walk into hospital in a few weeks with a big box worth of smiles for 100's of little friends.

Alternatively, you could do your own collection and deliver them to your own local hospital.  I'm certain that they would all get a kick out of receiving character band aids.

Another idea I thought was if you didn't want to spend the extra money on postage but still wanted to be part of bringing a smile to a little one, let me know and I can give you my paypal details and I will pop down to the shops and buy on your behalf or even just send me a strip of stickers.

I know when Baden had blood taken recently the nurses didn't have any character band aids. They did however have a strip of stickers and we walked out of the hospital with his arm full of them and a big smile on his face for being so brave (it is amazing how quickly he forgot the pain, crying, screaming and kicking that occurred only minutes prior)

Please leave a message on this post if you would like my address or paypal address.  I don't feel overly comfortable putting a street address out there on the world wide web.  I would love to have a collection together by the school holidays (September 21st).

Spread the word (you may link to this post) and lets bring a smile to a little sick one's face.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea.
    I'm going to call our local medical centre tomorrow and see if its the same here and if they need donations. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a simple yet gorgeous plea :) i will most certainly buy some at my next shopping trip :) please email me so i know where to send them :) cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gesture Kylie. I'd much rather put the money I would spend on postage towards buying some extras instead, so please email me your paypal address and I'll send you some funds to buy on my behalf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send me your address, Ill grab some next week when I go to the shop (PM me thru facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have a look around Hong Kong for you, there are often some great/unusual character ones here. If I can find some, I'll email you for your addy, and post them over. What a lovely idea, Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stickers and Bandaids coming your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On to it Kylie. Have to get to a bigger supermarket, our little one just stocks your plain ild garden variety bandaids. Alternatively, may just send some cash.

    ReplyDelete