Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A trade of skills

You all know how I love knitting.  And if you have been around here for a while you will know of my dislike in sewing anything with a zip in it.

I know that it would just take practise and maybe even patience and I would be able to sew a garment with one it it (I have done it in the past) 

Whilst away in Canberra at SIT, I shared a room with Anna.  She pulled out a skein of wool from her bag that she had bought at Handmade Shop.

It was then and there that we decided on a trade of services.  I like these types of swaps.  I get to do something I love and in return give it to someone who has not got the skills to achieve it themselves.  In return of a little knitted goodness I handed over some material and in return now have a beautiful Anna made Polly Pratt *Wendy dress to add to my red one in the wardrobe.

Anna's cowl can be worn a few different ways.

Twisted and Buttoned up

Crossed over at the front

Buttoned up and allowed to hang and create a V shape at the front

or... If you are feeling really cold, wrap it around your neck.

Anna, I hope that you get lots of wear out of this and that it helps to keep you warm on your way to and from the studio.

 *now to wait until the weather warms up so I can put it on and take a photo of it.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous scarf! I am actually doing a swap at the moment with a girl that wanted a hat like one I had crocheted but can't crochet. They are lot's of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet deal!! not sure who got the better one :) think you both scored equally, nice idea girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect Kylie- and just what she needs at the moment - it's been so cold!!

    ReplyDelete