Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Creative Space...

Do you ever have one of those weeks that your list of to-do's keeps growing by the minute and you don't seem to be getting much accomplished at all.  Well I am having one of those.

The man of the house is away this week. When this occurs I like to make a list of what I would like to achieve and have something to show when he returns (although, I seriously don't think he will care - his bones will be frozen after a week back country skiing, with very little sleep - jealous - MUCH!)

So after doing the chores as soon as the kids have been put to bed and they are dreaming their sweet little dreams, this Mumma should be able to sit and relax - but this week the mind is traveling to places where the wind is not howling and hoping that Spring is just around the corner.

I have frogged this more times than I wish to count and if it was not a test knit it would be banished back to a box and told that it could come out when it wants to play nice (if I followed the pattern (actually read it correctly the first, second or third time) there would be no need for it to be frogged so many times.

But isn't the colour just divine.

Wanting to start yet another project (and am stopping myself) MUST finish test knit first.  A wedding invite is always an excuse for a lovely yarn purchase.

and a few little squishy beanies - At least that is one tick on the list.

To find more inspiration and crafty goodness - go and join the fun over at Kootoyoo

9 comments:

  1. While the cats away..the mice will..tidy, clean, knit!

    Are you making something as a wedding gift, or for one of yours to wear?

    Cherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. in answer to your question- yes!

    and i love those little beanies. looks like you've been busy to me! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazes me how you can still find time to be creative! I LOVE the beanies. Great colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours! I started sorting through my fabrics today - so much fabric, so little time!! I hope that test knit starts to play nicely soon for you. Things always seem not to go to plan, when you have alot on the plan so to speak. Take care, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours also. That soft pink is just gorgeous. Thanks for your message on my Handmade Christmas Challenge post. Can't wait to see what wonderful creations you come up with for Chrissy. Look forward to you joining in. Trace :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I suspect we may be doing the same test knit! I had to rip mine back several times at the beginning too, but all good now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, those colours are divine!!! Love the beanies too and can't wait to see what you create with the blue..

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete