Well it seems like an eternity since I had something to show off on a Wednesday!I have started this little cardi to go with the dress for a friends newborn. It has a lace pattern in it, which means Kylie must use her brains and not get distracted during each row.

So things that I are making it easier to do it:
1. Kids are in bed - check
2. DH is busy creating his own something in the workshop - check
3. Row counter on the needles - check
4. Lace pattern re written on one line - check
5. Coffee and Chocolate cake on hand - check
I really want to get it finished by the weekend and get it posted off. I would be so disappointed if I took to long to do it and it not fit her (I am however doing the three month size - but she was a big bub)
I like check 5 Kylie - hold the coffee but double the cake for me though!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cardi - hope your brain stays clear so you can get the pattern done.
What a gorgeous colour! That lacy pattern looks really effective and will look oh so cute on a newborn. Enjoy that chocolate cake!!
ReplyDeleteThat yarn looks so soft and lovely! I hope one day to be able to knit something beyond dishcloths! ha
ReplyDeleteGood luck finishing it! I never seem to get anything finished in a timely fashion!
ReplyDeleteWhen I FINALLY get around to conceiving a number 5 - I'd love to commission you to make some gorgeous knitty things. So gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLovely : ) And I'm sure that it'll fit her beautifully.
ReplyDeleteDid you know about the sleeve pattern conundrum? Babies usually have their arms slightly bent at the elbow (except occasionally when they sleep) but sleeve patterns are generally the full measure of their arm length. Shortening the sleeve by about 3cm means that you'll get a sleeve that finishes at the wrist instead of over the hand. I've done this for Til's jumpers and it works a treat.