Saturday, May 10, 2008

On turning thirty!
Well it is my birthday today - the BIG 30!

Silly really isn't it - I always looked at thirty as being old - but now that I am here it is not old at all and well 50 is looking younger everyday...

I have had a lovely day. Brunch at the Coffee Club followed by some 'chocohot cake' (this is how Amelia is saying Chocolate at the moment) A little shopping and dinner out.

Wow what a day and covered in kisses and hugs all day by my little miss.

I was meant to do my homework and find out what NEW machine I would like for my birthday - but with two kiddlets I just have not gotten around to having a play.

So I need your help out there in blogland. Please tell me what you have and why you love it. Currently I have a Janome My Style 24 - it is almost 10 years old and is my husbands (yes you have read correctly) It was originally purchased by him to sew on badges etc on his uniform and has since sewn everything from packs and webbing to a ball gown! I don't know if I want something that can embroider - it would be good to maybe have the option or a few cute stitches and things (is there a machine that can do that and sew normally as well?) I do not think that I do enough patchwork to warrant a special machine for that.

Thanks in advance.

And I will leave you with some macro shots of the bunch of flowers that Mum and Dad sent me!

9 comments:

  1. Happy 30th Kylie! Sorry it's late, but I barely touched the computer 'yesterday' as we were celebrating my 30th! I did have an extra slice of cake for you though! Did the FQ arrive in time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know I have a Brother Innovis 600 and I LOVE IT... They've bought out a whole new range - I saw it at the stitches and craft show and they look great. I hope you find your perfect match! Oh, and Happy Birthday again. Love to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!!!

    Ooooh a new machine. How exciting. I love my Brother sewing machines (I have 2). None of them have the embroidery option though. I wish it did. It's one feature that I really want! Good luck deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes on your 30th! What a weekend you have had with a birthday and Mothers Day!! A new sewing machinge - what a terrific present. You will have fun playing around with th different options. My first machine was a Janome and it is still going strong 25 years later. I also have a Pfaff Tiptronic which I am happy with - it does a a range of embroidery stitches but to be quite honest I usually only use the basic stitches. A decent buttonhole stitch is always a must. Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday wishes to you! Sounds like a perfect day - the flowers look gorgeous. In regards to the machine. I got a new Janome 625E. I'm a bit of a novice sewer so I need something which is not too technical or features I don't use. I do like the stretch stitch for sewing knit fabric. The whole machine is practical and user friendly. Looking forward to the unveiling of your new machine:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday..... you are but a baby I will be 50 this year and that is definitely young. I have a Bernina QE and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday. 30 isn't old - it's just horribly easier to do the math eg. 10 years ago I was doing X, 18 years ago I was doing Y... That's been what has been making me feel old...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday Kylie, looks like you had a lovely day :)

    Have fun picking out a new machine. I have a Janome too, I have no idea about current models etc as mine is about 7 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Kylie, missed your big day! Well by the look of the BEAUTIFUL flowers you had a special day. Congratulations and I wish you a wonderfull year

    ReplyDelete