With only a month to go until it is officially winter, it really is starting to cool down.
It felt like over night the weather changed. Sunny one day (for the ANZAC Day march - which I am positive everyone was appreciative of) and raining and max of 12degrees the next. Tim and I thought that we would indulge and put the heating on - but that was not to be as it was faulty (I tell you this 'NEW' house has more faults than I care to list)
So here are a few photos from around the house to finish of the Macro Challenge (which concluded yesterday - so again I am fashionably late!)
Crispy Grass...
Heaters on...
Humidifyers running...
Changing Colours all around...
Socks on...
Blankets lined up on the couch...
Random knitting projects around the house and mugs of coffee or hot chocolate...
Humm - warm house = condensation...
Beanies and Jumpers on...
Running Noses, Dry Hands and Cracked Lips...
Considering learning the skill of knitting socks...
And my two just for good measure - dont they look good in orange?
One of the positives about winter is that it is more conducive for knitting and quilting! Hope you all stay snug and well. We are still having nice weather over here in Perth - better enjoy it while it lasts!
ReplyDeleteThat all looks so snuggly! I like the idea of blankets lined up on the couch... and I too have contemplated learning how to knit socks... it just looks so hard!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics Kylie - especially the crispy grass. I am not envying you that cold weather, still loving it nice and warm up here!!
ReplyDeletegreat photos however I am not a fan of winter bring back summer.
ReplyDeleteWow, great shots - the trees look amazing. There are bits of winter that really appeal to me like that snuggly,indoors mood which you have captured here so well:)Good luck with knitting socks. I'm contemplating it myself as I have a drawer full of scarves...might be time to give myself a new challenge.
ReplyDeleteI always loved walking to school through crispy grass and seeing the trail I left behind.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love that beanine Miss A is wearing Kylie - gorgeous.
Hope the heating works soon!
I'm not-so-secretly thrilled that weather is over for my part of the world. :) Until next time, anyway...
ReplyDelete& boy, you can sure tell those two are siblings in that last shot!
Gorgeous post and photos. I'm in Ballarat and living with all of what you posted! Yay heaters and humidifiers!
ReplyDeleteso hard to think of you starting winter when we are going into summer months. i am happy to be leaving winter behind, but once it is our turn again i will be happy to be leaving summer behind...lol, funny how that works. Enjoy all of your wintery things!
ReplyDeleteI hate being cold, but I love the cosy factor of winter. mmm... hot chocolate and wool, little ones in socks, does it get better than that!?
ReplyDeleteI see all those signs at my place too and I hate it. I hate the cold weather but it may be ok now that I'm enjoying quilting so much. Just the weather for that.
ReplyDeleteKeep well, all of you.
Hugs Fiona
I am so envious of winter marching on for you.
ReplyDeleteIt is hitting 39oC consistently here in Dubai.
Your photos are divine.