Elbert the Ellie
Ahh - He is finished! Not exactly how I had invisaged him. I really wanted an underbelly - but I think that I made his legs to skinny and it was just too fiddly to do. And for those that know me, know that I am a profectionist and I actually unpicked him THREE times before Ellie #1 landed in the bin.

I will make another (yes #3) and will make him bigger with bigger legs. I think that is where the problem lies. I do however LOVE the fabric - It is a piece that I thrifted from my Grandmothers cupboard...
Anyway - Elbert is going to a little boy that is due tomorrow and I wanted to have it finished so here he is. Please be kind in your comments. I think that I have descided that 'Softie" making is not for me - or maybe I just need more practice!
Ahh - He is finished! Not exactly how I had invisaged him. I really wanted an underbelly - but I think that I made his legs to skinny and it was just too fiddly to do. And for those that know me, know that I am a profectionist and I actually unpicked him THREE times before Ellie #1 landed in the bin.
I will make another (yes #3) and will make him bigger with bigger legs. I think that is where the problem lies. I do however LOVE the fabric - It is a piece that I thrifted from my Grandmothers cupboard...
Anyway - Elbert is going to a little boy that is due tomorrow and I wanted to have it finished so here he is. Please be kind in your comments. I think that I have descided that 'Softie" making is not for me - or maybe I just need more practice!
This is so cute, I love the fabric, can see how it would be fiddley to do though.... I'm sure she will love it.
ReplyDeleteI think you've done a wonderful job for your first go!
ReplyDeleteDonna
Random Knits
No need to be kind - Ellie is just adorable!!! Softies aren't meant to be perfect, the quirkier the better I say. I love the fabric and the contrasting colours on him too, well done!!!
ReplyDeleteEllie is a masterpiece Kylie! Don't know what you're talking about.... I agree, softie making so isn't my thing either.
ReplyDeleteAnd I lurve that blanket! Was it hard to do (read that as: so simple a non-knitting person could do it?)
I think he looks great! Like a cute shy baby elephant.
ReplyDelete