Monday, January 11, 2016

SEWING // Star Board Shorts

It appears that with moving to a city where I have many great fabric stores an easy drive away, my fabric stash has exploded.  I continued to purchase patterns and fabric throughout the year although, the output wasn't matching what was coming in.  I am not going to tell you that I won't buy any fabric, but my purchases will be more planned and I would like to get some control over the fabric and yarn boxes this year. 

It appears that I have been bitten by the sewing bug. I did sew in 2015, I will have to share some of those photos with your soon.  Some how I managed to volunteer my time and co-ordinated and outfitted the cast for my children's school musical + four classes worth of accessories.

These aren't the first make for 2016, but they are the only ones that I have managed to get a photo of.


PatternPatterns by Figgy's - Board Shorts

Fabric:  Light Cotton Canvas with Stars (gifted by Cath)

Size: 7/8 (which is the largest of this size range. My long lanky boy will be in these for a while)

Thoughts:  I only really used the pattern pieces.  The Instructions were mind boggling and I couldn't get my head around it.  I used these instructions to insert the side pockets.  I had fun doing top stitching details on these. 


Changes for next time:
  • Pockets - The side pockets are a little on the small side and next time I make these I will make them a little larger so they are useful.

See also: Earthgirl Fabrics





1 comment:

  1. Too cute
    Much
    Harder to
    Find decent boy patterns isn't it

    ReplyDelete