The pattern features one pattern piece with some clever darts to give it shape. It was quick to cut out and sew. It can be made in two lengths although beware. It flies in the breeze and if not wearing your swimmers you might just flash someone.
I fell in love with this fabric at Spotlight (believe me, that doesn't happen often as my local Spotlight is a shambles and I can never find what I want)
This came together very quickly, the instructions were easy to follow.
I love this and have already worn it a few times. I don't know about you, but getting organised to go to the beach can take a while (especially when the kids want to take their Sit-on-top Kayaks) This allows me to put something on over my bathers quickly without having to worry about getting changed or finding a change room. I'm thinking one for Miss 10 in a towelling material might be a good idea.
Pattern: Simplicity 1100 (Super Jiffy)
Fabric: Lycra Stretch from Spotlight - 3.2m at $21
(purchased during 40% fabric sale)
Size: xs
Changes for next time:
- Sew it in the fabric suggested.
- It is a little loose at the back. Not sure if this is due to the material used or if I need to take a little off when cutting it out next time.
Photo Location: La Perouse
See also: Foxmollie with her added ties to keep it from blowing in the wind. HeHeHe+She for a short version.
I love it Kylie :-)
ReplyDeleteX Tan
I think your local Spotlight is a shambles. You probably need to head to Paramatta Rd, across from Costco. Love the cover up and Wow! three blog post in one month! Woo Hoo!
ReplyDeleteYou ouldn't believe it, it is a different place, you would not notice the place. I think after me complaining (and then a few others) they may have had a 'surprise' visit from Spotlight head office. None of the original managers are there anymore and I went in before Christmas and they had so many staff I asked what was going on and was told that they had come from other stores in Sydney to sort it out. Have you been to the new one in Castle Hill? It is amazing and your fabric gets a sticker with the washing instructions on it when you purchase.
DeleteI think
ReplyDeleteI bought the same fabric and want to make a maxi dress but can't handle a high neck
It looks amazing on you