Wednesday, September 24, 2014
WIP WEDNESDAY :: The next generation
I have fond memories of my mother making most of my clothes growing up. I was of the tall, skinny variety and going clothes shopping was a nightmare (If my Mother had the skills to make my shoes I believe she would have done that too)
Visiting my Grandparents was always fun. I would sit and watch my Grandmother create the most beautiful items and was always excited if we managed to be visiting during the final fitting of the next local Bride's head piece or veil before she walked down the isle. Sitting and watching on from the bed as she looked at herself in the mirror. Then down to the back steps and watched as my Grandfather pressed and would often be taking up a pair of too long pants for himself or my Mum (he was a Tailor by trade)
So it comes as no surprise that I have past on the love of creating things with ones hands to my children.
This project has been nine months in the making and she is almost at the end. Amelia has plans of entering it in the local show here next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing it hanging up and her feeling the sense of achievement you get when finishing a long term project.
Joining in with The Dove Nest :: Wednesday WIP linky.
Labels:
Kids Crafts,
Knitting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is one incredible project!! Well done Amelia! I'm inspired to make one for myself!
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous project :D
ReplyDelete