A few months ago, I came up with a brain wave of an idea (I get those often). Amelia's teacher had announced her pregnancy and I thought that a quilt might be a good idea from the class.
With some secret conversations with another teacher, the two of us hatched a cunning plan.
The kids all drew a picture with fabric pens or crayons. I gave them
a few guidelines and left them to it. Clearly there are a few Hawthorn
supporters in the class, not really what I was expecting, they clearly
missed the 'baby quilt' explanation.
Fast forward to a few months later. The tummy is getting bigger and the term is coming to a screaming halt and I've just started the sewing part of it.
HELP: would you strip it or just sew it together with a boarder? This knitter is wading into unknown territory with this project.
What are you working on at the moment? Head over to The Aussie WIP Wednesday hosted by The Dove Nest for more Works in Progress around Australia.
Looks great!
ReplyDeleteSashing? hmm, I always go by size and whether I want each block to be a separate block. And time, if Im lazy and cutting corners I go without sashing.
Not much help am I?
What a fabulous idea! I would say it doesn't need sashing - if it's not big enough when joined together I'd add a border instead. I think sashing might bleed into the blocks a little with this style of quilt. But that's just MHO - you need to do what you think works. It's all about having fun! :)
ReplyDeleteI will not propose to offer quilting advice but I love how you've made the drawings pop with the coloured borders.
ReplyDelete