Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Red Scrappy Quilt

Grandma arrived with her arms full of quilts last weekend.

Look at what is now on our bed. 

Mum is in the process of using up her scraps, kits and fabrics that she has.  All of the panels are made from scraps and the only new pieces in this are the binding, back and the red. 

I'll be back later with two more quilts Mum has made.  Thanks Mum for all the hours that you have put into this and Dad for being a quilters widow.

The pattern comes from the book Scrappy Quilts

11 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Love how pattern goes right to border. Love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is gorgeous! I really, really love it. Props to your clever Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love it so much. The photos are gorgeous. The red is divine. Out of this world awesome. Are you hearing that I really really truly love it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! I should buy that book, I have far too many scraps here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt, your mum is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing Kylie! I love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a vibrant, lovely quit! A treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that red. Bright accent and looks warm and cosy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful quilt! You're a lucky daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful and thrifty. I am sure it looks great on your bed.

    ReplyDelete