Wednesday, May 16, 2012

GAP - tastic

On and off the needles just in time for the chilly weather that has come to grace us.

A few chats on Twitter, pattern suggestions being thrown around and local friends who have been slightly bitten by the knitting bug (or is it the cold Victorian winter and frosty starts to the day and sleety morning walks to school, that this girl who has maroon blood running through her veins is not yet acclimatised too?) Saw me rummage through the stash and find some lemony mustard that I picked up from Spotlight last year on the clearance table.

Three days and lots of km's later (where I managed to score passenger seat and time to knit) saw this finished and wrapped around my neck.

Now I am ready for Canberra (Brrr -5 today) the snow and what winter here has in store for me.

Pattern:  Gap-tastic Cowl
Yarn: Debbie Stoller, Full o' Sheep

Would you like to join in with the cowl fun and be ready for winter?  Knit, Sew or Crochet a Cowl.  I'll work out how to make a linky thing (bear with me, I'm not good with this computer lingo)



14 comments:

  1. Oh I am IN Kylie!!!
    Its unseasonably cold here in Brissy and would you believe I was JUST looking at the link for the previous cowl you posted about (crocheted)... Im in for sure. Going to sort myself out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is way better than mine! I made mine out of Bendigo Rustic in red. Gorgeous yarn but I made the classic beginner's mistake of twisting the cast on - I thought I was so careful, but I managed to get a double twist in my cowl. And my cast on was too tight, so it's tighter on one side than the other (I did the super-stretchy bind off). So my cowl is very thick and a bit too tight on one edge. But it's super warm and it's the kind of thing I can wear on outside days in winter. I'll bring it to SIT so we can be cowl buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can drop in for a coffee when you come to visit! It is getting chilly, I've been wearing the beanie you made me :)

    Your cowl looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is delicious! So warm and snuggly looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one Kylie, just like yours! Now if only I knew how to do this....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great and I'm really taken with the colour. Not something I would normally go for, but might just have to give it a try. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous colour! makes me feel warm just looking at it. gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I was very lucky last year and someone bought me one of these from gap which I love and I've had so many comments on it, I am going to have a look at this pattern and hopefully make another one for me and some for family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. its gorgeous...and the colour really suits you...i would love to make one as the winter is on its way here in the mountains too...not sure if i have time to squeeze this in though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright splash on sunshine for dreary winter days.

    I love the cold weather. A great excuseto wear all those gorgeous knitted goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want mine to match the fall leaves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cowl! I made one last night (as you know) and I am hooked! He he! Old crocheter's joke!

    I still need a little warm on my chest though, and the cowl is great for the neck only. Will have to look into one of those cowls that go across the shoulders. Could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've earmarked this very pattern to cast on next! You've done a gorgeous job of it. I'd love to join in a "cowl-along". And a very slack and terribly ashamed belated birthday to you sweet girl. HOpe you had a beautiful day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the yellow. Loving the stripes. Style crush big time.

    ReplyDelete