Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I'm Wearing on this Winter Wednesday...

Wow,  June 1st already - where on earth is the year going?
 

I am thinking that I really need to get a few lists happening.  I really have to pull the sewing machine out and whip up a few pairs of pj's for the kids and I for starters and would love to start knitting for next winter for all of us.  Yes, I know that you all think that I am mad but we find out in a few weeks where we are heading next year and it is looking like south and this cold frog is going to need some more winter attire (I was pregnant and Breastfeeding last time so everything is stretched and not looking it's best or bought in 2003 and clearly fashion has changed since then)


I thought that I would join in with this Fancy Pants Mumma.  I often read and enjoy Brenda and Steph's posts but often wear the same thing each week and seriously you dont want to see me in the same pair of Jeans every week.

This week however I am sporting a new squishy cowl.  I did this as a test and it was meant to make it into the gift box in preparation for Christmas gifting, although you may notice that it did not make it.

I popped it on for a few photos and it has not come off all day.  I am in love and am keeping it.

It is the newest pattern by Amanda Keeys simply called Squishy Love and Squishy it is.  It is like having a hug that lasts all day.  The pattern comes in three sizes, I knitted the biggest of the sizes but only being a small frame it fits over my shoulders like an oversized cowl. 

I teamed it with my jeans (target special - you dont need to see them do you) a pair of boots and a grey top.  I love the colour and will be making another one that will hopefully make it to the gift box and another for Amelia in the middle size for next year.

Have you heard of Me-Made-June???  It follows in the Me-Made-March footsteps but in June.  Thinking that I had until March 2012 to get my act together and have 30 items to wear and show of I will not be joining in.  I don't have enough warmer things to wear and show you as most of my knits are given away - sad isn't it, it is like the plumber, painter and builders house, we always miss out as are too busy doing things for others.




My aim is to have an item knitted for me by the end of June.  Let's see you I go (oh and it has got to have sleeves - although my feet are freezing and I really need a pair of slippers - now I said I was going to knit a pair of those this time last year too)


Ravelled and you can also see what it looks like on four girls of different ages and sizes.

7 comments:

  1. Your cowl looks great, gorgeous colour Kylie - just what you need to warm you up on a wintery Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe June next year for a full month of self made fashion?? I love the cowl. The colour totally rocks! Maybe if I cast it on now, I'll have one finished for next winter??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cowl is gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cowl looks very cosy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cowl. I was super excited when I saw your blog post title, as I thought you were doing MMJ11 like I am.

    You don't have to have 30 different pieces, double ups are fine. I have a limited supply of jumpers and jackets made by me, so I will be wearing similar stuff all month.

    Last year there was also a Self Stitched September.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great - so snug. We are posting this year too, but looks like the warmer climes of the NT; not so much call for knitting up there. I suggested to DH that it probably means it is best I just knit for myself or him as anything I knit for Ginger will not be worn - at least ours should still fit when we get somewhere cooler.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a cowl person but there are a couple of patterns like this one that are crossed with a stole and I love them. It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete