Friday, June 10, 2011

A little on the COOL side...

I know that you are all going to think that I am nuts.

Yes I do live in QLD, but we are experiencing a rather early and cool start to winter and yesterday had the coldest day in the capitals history since 1916.  What has happened to Global Warming I ask.

I went to pick Amelia up from school and her little lips were all shades of blue.  Our buildings and homes are not designed for this type of weather (it topped out at 12 degrees)

What was a Mum to do before she went to bed on Thursday night when she caught the weather report at 9.30pm reporting that we would be in for a weekend of rain and similar weather?  Sit and make her a blue beanie to wear of course.

The maroon one would have clashed with her blue uniform.

11 comments:

  1. I had heard 11 years, but coldest day since 1916? That means I have never been so cold in my life (without a heater). Who says QLD doesn't get cold. I feel cold every year.


    Beanie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful Kylie. It has been freezing hasn't it and very gloomy it's hard to believe this is Qld weather. I really love the flower with the button in the centre, may I ask what pattern you used and how you attached it? I hope you're keeping warm. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think like you said that the problem is the homes in Queensland are not equipped for this sort of weather. I have been so cold I have been sleeping in long pants and a jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so lovely! I think that blue looks gorgeous on your beautiful little munchkin. Hasn't this cold been loony!!! Hope you're all on the mend. Chat soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work!!
    Was that a little maroon v the blues reference at the end of the post or just a coincidence!
    PS...GO BLUES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my it is beautiful. Is it crocheted or knitted? Would love to be able to knit a flower like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you have all not been well Kylie - I hope you are all on top of it now.
    The colours in that hat are divine, and it does sound cold - for Qld, not by Melb standards though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour is so beautiful on her - love your little details too :)

    ReplyDelete