Ahh the first of December yesterday - where oh where has this year gone. In a blink of an eye it is that time of year again - And I am so not ready.
Last year I made an Advent Tree for Amelia and I was all organised for the 1st of December. This year I keep on thinking that December starts on the 11th of December after the kids and I fly up to Queensland and have stopped off in Canberra to catch the Wiggles in concert.
I am seeing some lovely advent calenders around blogland. Go and checkout this and this. But I am really leaning towards this idea that I have seen over at Pea Soup. Why have I never thought to do this at home. We do it every year as part of the church services in the lead up to Christmas and I think that Amelia would get alot out of it - so I am going to be super organised next year.
So, I thought that I had better do something Christmassy with Amelia (considering that I am not going to put the Christmas tree up this year as we will not be home to enjoy it) I saw these the other day and it took me back to doing them as a child with my Nan's old Womens Weekly' s. So with Amelia's help (I folded the page and she scored it) we made these!
Oh Amelia did a fantastic job on those tress! She should be very proud!
ReplyDeleteI have just started turning an old Top Gear mag into a Christmas tree! I would be making better progress if I could NOT stop and read each page as I fold it...
ReplyDeleteAmelia's handiwork seems neater than mine :)
I will be in WW after the 14th for a few days, want to have coffee?
Amelia has done a wonderful job - what a great kids craft activity!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute trees. What a great idea.
ReplyDeleteawww those two trees look so cute, and so clever too.
ReplyDelete