Saturday, December 6, 2008

A skirt for me

With all of the things that seem to happen at this time of year and all of the places that you tend to go, I thought that I really needed to have something nice for me to wear!I have been seeing lots of skirts getting around blogs of recent weeks and when I saw this on Ethel loves Fred and I thought perfect. I have actually had the pattern sitting in a box for maybe 12 months now because I thought that it would look to full on my small frame. Claire was kind enough to let me know what she did to make it look not so full - Thanks Claire.

My grandmother sent this material down last time Mum and Dad came to visit and I really wanted to show her that I do actually make something with what she sends me. So what do you think? I dont think that I would have actually chosen the fabric had I seen it on the bolt - but it looks nice made up.

And I am pleased that some how (out of pure luck) I managed not to have a big blue flower right on my behind! (opps and you can see the petty coat in that photo - but only because of the angle (I was doing self portraits again)And I will add this one in - cause I like the clouds. I have not worn a shirt tucked in for so many years - but as I was walking through Myers the other day I saw that all of the models had theres tucked in - so it must be the fashion - right?

21 comments:

  1. Looks great Kylie, it is always nice to make something for ourselves rather than the children all the time. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt looks great Kylie and you look lovely in it! The fabric is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie - it's fantastic. Well done. I love the blue. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous Kylie - I've been wearing mine with the tie at the back too - I actually wore it today, as it was so hot in Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it kylie! And the tucked in shirt is the perfect look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great Kylie. I love the tucked in look and the skirt goes very well with the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skirt is lovely...fabric choice included...good job granny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kylie it looks great. Wrap skirts are great

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, so summery! That top looks great with that skirt. Well picked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely looking skirt made just in time for the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks fabulous. Great sewing Kylie, and great fabric choice Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful skirt Kylie! I wish I looked that good in a skirt!!!! love your plum pudding too very sweet and the paper xmas trees! I must give them a go with Isobel!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kylie the skirt looks great and so do you in it.... I love the fabric, your gran has good taste... :)

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks lovely - really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful skirt and fantastic photos.

    It all just screams of a great Aussie summer.

    Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOu look just great Kylie, I think the pring and colours in the skirt are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fabric, I have a Nanna that sends me some 'unique' things too.. I love the dress you made your daughter, very nice.. I make one similar at the back, so easy to wear and will fit for a long time..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice!! I love it- blue is a favourite of mine,and it suits you really well. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it Kylie, I'm starting to like skirts again too but can never find the "right" top or shoes to match. I also don't have skirt calves.
    Is this wrap around? My Mum used to make us wrap around skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful skirt Kylie - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kylie, oh, i got to see this ensemble when you came to visit me at Hall Markets on your Wiggles Stop Tour of Canberra. Gorgeous work as ever!! Lovely to see you again & as part of my new year, i'm back blogging again!! Love to the family, love Posie

    ReplyDelete