Saturday, March 22, 2008

What NOT TO DO...

... when dying wool!

I decided to try my hand at dying some wool... Take my advise - when it says 'wear gloves' it might be an idea to actually put them on. Lucky for me it was only food dye and not an acid dye.

I used this great tutorial. And this is how it turned out. I have 50grams of 4ply and it will become the contrast stripe in a jumper for the little man!

9 comments:

  1. Kylie, now you have a green thumb (er and fingers too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wool looks great but as for your hands? Can't say green hands are in this season.
    Hope Amelia is still wanting cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol at your hands, I get like that whenever I use food colouring! The wool looks amazing, look forward to seeing the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie love the wool, not sure about the hands LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wool looks fantastic!!! I hope it doesn't take too long for your hands to get back to normal...

    I love all of the pics from your previous post especially the family shot. You and your DH look soooo happy and in love... Baden is growing up so fast... Can't wait to see some more of your knitting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes at your hands, that is too funny. Wool looks great though, cant wait to see the finished jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh, that will come out in no time (trust me, I have had had all different coloured hands from both the wool and playgroup)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't tell you how much I love that yarn! I have a ball of white wool I purchased just for dye. I think you've inspired me to get to it.

    Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you found my new blog. It's a scary thing, moving, even online. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee. I put 'wear gloves' in the tutorial for a reason!

    Thanks for the link so I could find you and see your dyeing! Looking forward to seeing it knitted up.

    ReplyDelete