Thursday, April 21, 2016

SEWING | The Water Colour Skirt




It appears that our little girl is growing up before our very eyes and with that she is starting to have her own ideas on what she would like to wear. 
We have found a few problems though in the department stores though.  What she wants to wear and what she fits into are miles apart.  She ends up leaving with nothing (or a token t-shirt)


Recently we goggled 'tween fashion' and together we looked at things that were in fashion and what we could make.  She attended a Sydney Spoolette Swap day with me and she scored lots of lovely fabrics.  This is the first to be turned into something.   The fabric was left on the table by the lovely Emma of Ernestflagg.  Thanks Emma.


This was purely an idea and I couldn't be happier with it. I used her waist measurements and block pattern, pulled out the cutting mat and a few calculations and winged it. She loves it and so do I. 

Pattern : My own | Box Pleat style skirt
Fabric : Scuba | Spotlight | 50cm

2 comments:

  1. Isn't good that you can make things that are just right for her? Tween fashion is a little scary. Good use of fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this skirt. I bought the fabric with a skirt in mind and would have definitely paired a black tee with it too, great minds...

    ReplyDelete