Tuesday, April 19, 2016

SEWING | The Fern Dress



This dress has been finished for a month or so and has been in high rotation since.  I love it. It isn't often that I fall head over heals for a make.  But it is happening more often these days, I put it down to my knowledge of The Pattern Drafter and the confidence I now have in using it, selecting patterns and changing them to fit me well.

 
This dress took some fiddling with. I stitched all seems with a basting stitch and tried it on and refitted a few times before I was happy with it.  The placement of the shoulders were also a challenge and I am thankful for my patient husband that helped (and had joy in pinning me a few times) so that I could get the fit right. 

 
Pattern : Burda Young 7232 View A
Fabric: Printed Linen | Spotlight
Size : 8
Alterations : Lots of fitting of the bodice.  I am 4" smaller then the pattern.  You could basically say that I made it from scratch with the Pattern Drafter and used the pattern pieces as a guide for the shape of the back. 
Other Notes:  Next time I make this I will add a little extra length to the bodice.  I tend to forget that I have a long torso in the excitement of cutting out a dress. This is a make for an experienced sewer, as a rule I often find Burda instructions difficult to follow.
Also to those who are lucky to be graced in the breast department this may not be a make for you.  It is defiantly a strapless bra or other alternative bra option dress.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment