Sunday, August 18, 2013

Where is the year disappearing?

I don't know about you but this year has disappeared at an alarming rate and before long it will be Christmas and we will be wrapping up another year.

The car speedometer says that I have done alot of km's in the car this year and I know that it is not lying.  Baden is attending a kinder two towns and 30km from home.  Then there is the swimming and dance lessons in town and back and forwards from Melbourne for different appointments and it feels like I am never out of the car.

I have also managed to get myself onto two committees this year.  I am scaling down next year (I know famous last words) and will stay on one.

There is knitting happening here and there and then there is the pile of material that I bought at the very beginning of winter that I had massive plans to sew things for myself that is still sitting taunting me from a to-do pile.

I would also love to get back into regular blogging.  Hi to all those that have hung around waiting for the next post to pop up in your reader.  So to kick things off I thought that I would join in with Pip's Taking Stock



Making :  An Eco Fairy for a WWFY job
Cooking :  30 second Orange cake
Drinking :  Raspberry, Strawberry and Loganberry Tea
Reading:  The End of Your Life Book Club (have a feeling it is a box of tissues read)
Wanting:  More time in my day
Looking:  At the pile of washing that needs tending too
Playing:  Connect 4 with the kids
Wasting:  To much time on Pinterest
Sewing:  A calico strip on the back of a blanket for a friend
Wishing:  That my sore neck would take a hike
Enjoying:  Listening to the kids laugh
Waiting: For Tim to come home
Liking:  My special friends that are more like family here due to our closeness
Wondering: What next year will bring
Loving: That my Mum hoped on a plane at a moments notice to come down and spend the week  

               with us so I could go into Melbourne for a few appointments and not worry about the kids  
               or being back for school collection.
Hoping:  That tomorrow's morning tea goes well
Marvelling:  That Baden has done so well with his speech this year and so many people have         

                       commented on how well he has done and how they can now understand him.
Needing:  To do grocery shopping
Smelling:  Dinner in the slow cooker
Wearing:  My bright yellow cowl
Following:  Two kids on their bikes
Noticing:  The change in the seasons just around the corner
Knowing:  I am loved
Thinking:  Of what I should be doing
Feeling:  Overwhelmed
Bookmarking:  Ideas for School Holiday Craft Program
Opening:  Bills
Giggling:  With the kids




Do you find that the year is flying by?
Do you need extra time in your day to get everything done?
What have you been making?

2 comments:

  1. Yes I completely agree the year is disappearing. I could make use of extra hours in the day to get anything done. I have been knitting mug cozy's and crfting with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. This year is absolutely flying by. Longing for a dull moment or two... but me thinks that might have to wait to next year.

    ReplyDelete