Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year, New State, New House

Well we have yet again moved across states and all of the boxes have all but left the house.  There is still a little bit of organising to do and finding just the perfect place for all of our things. Moving as much as we do it sometimes feels like a puzzle fitting our furniture and all that is us into yet another house.

I am not sure where to start.  Should I try and catch up on the last two months or just start from now.

Here is a very quick recap and I will let you fill in the rest of the dots with the photos.

Leaving Brisbane and saying good bye to some very good friends and family.  There were tears and still are.  The 3rd of February can not come quick enough so the little people can start school and kinder and meet some new little friends



 
A visit from Grandma and Grandpa on our last night in Brisbane and a ride on the Wheel of Brisbane.

Just look at the view from our apartment. What a way to farewell Brisbane.

The long drive down. We stopped at a few familiar to us spots along the way and someone was excited when we crossed the NSW/VIC boarder.

Made it, only hick up was the rock that decided to kiss us on the windscreen on the way down.
 Now to get organised for the new year, new school and get out and meet new friends and catch up with old ones.  I am starting my new year with the Chinese this year. I would like to achieve lots of things in 2012 - lets see how I go.

7 comments:

  1. GLad your move went reasonably smoothly. It is always sad to say goodbye.

    I love your description of fitting pieces of furniture in like a puzzle. It is so true. Our last house was smaller than this one, so that was a bit easier this move. There is no storage space here though - so we are struggling to come up with inexpensive solutions for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Victoria, moving is so full on, hope you all settle in well quickly

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for a happy year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We once did a similar trip, and the same smile at the border crossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that the move went okay! Good luck with settling in and getting everything set up. I know how much work that can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Vic Kylie - you are amazing how you take it all in your stride!
    Looking forward to a crafty catch-up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that was some rock. Happy moving, i know you're a pro!! Leaving family must have been hard though, your darling extended family will miss you, but in-laws gain don't they?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete