Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year - New Me...

With the new year and the beginning of another Decade I am going to attempt to be organised.

Now no promises - But everyone has to start somewhere.

I will yet again attempt to do a list month by month.  But have also written up a specific knitting intention list which can be found over and the KandK Blog.

This year I am also going to attempt to be oganised at home - after 7 years of marriage and 4 being a stay-a-home Mum, I think that it is about time I start getting the whole housewife thing sorted.   I have a few aids to help me with this; the Mum's Plan it Diary and a Kikki-K Family Planner Calander at the ready. 

I will also attempt to keep on track with the Domestic Guru and have that clean house - I might also inlist the help of happy points.  The idea of knitter Elizabeth Cobbe and can be read in the Interweave Knits Weekend 2009.  It is basically where you give yourself a marble (which = $1) everytime you do your morning house work etc before picking up the needles.  There will be more thought on these Happy Points, so stay tuned.

I would also like to furture my career and am going to look into further study so I am ready to hit the workforce when Baden starts school.

Completed Craftiness in 2009

Wired Santa
Christmas Dress and Shorts
Spring Garden Tee and Skirt
Washcloth Swap
In Full Bloom
QLD Milo
Horsey Milo
Earflap Beanie x 2
Fetchings
Bloom 4ply test
Vneck Vest
A Neck Cozy
A textured cowl
Noble Cowl
Neck Warmer #3
Neck Warmer #2
Polar Fleece Skirt for A
Neck Warmer #1
Newborn Milo Vest
Cord Pinni and Pants (NB)
Hanging Knitting Solution
Sockyboxy for Kelly
Pink Lace Beanie for Gracie
Noro Scarf
Cable Jumper
Noro Inspired Beanie
Newborn Socks - Pink
Coffee Keeper
Cowl Neck Dress
Vintage Berried Cardigan
Cinderalla's Slippers
Aviatrix BeanieVanilla Soaker
Ladybug Loops Longies
Felted Easter Baskets


I will leave you with January's list:

Baden's Birthday - Hat, Tool Belt, Shorts and Appliqued top
Baby Gift - Whirligig Shrug
New Niece (unborn) - Knitted Socks and Beanie, Sewn Nappy Cover and Dress
Amelia - Finish off Kindy Sheets (Mum has almost finished these for me, Thanks Mum) and Bag, Hat
Baby Shower Gift - Sex Unknown - knitted socks
Baby Gift - Matching Cross Over Outfits for her and big sister
Happy New Year to all and see you in a new Decade.

Blue = Finished
Purple = Added and Completed

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear... I need to be inspired to get organised!! We will be expecting to have another busy year in 2010. Like you... been married for nearly 7 years and a sahm for the last 4.5 years. No plans to get back into the workforce... but I still need to organise my life!!!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kylie & family, you're so fabulous, don't crush yourself too much with organisation!! Can't believe Baden has another birthday coming around, gosh, they're all growing up. Enjoy Brisbane, we've already started to check out housing, some very lovely Queenslander style homes, which is my dream of course!!
    Go the Kikki-K planner, i have the meal & daily planners & they rock!! Just keeping track of 6 people's lives works for me when they are written down.
    Here's to bloggin in 2010, kisses to the family, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that we've an insane amount to do during the day in any case. If knitting stops you murdering the kids, I'm all for picking up needles! I don't get anywhere near the craft done as you do and my house is still a schmozzle. Maybe you're right, the work and commute things does tend to cut into time, but I think I'd be just as reluctant to pick up a mop and scrubber if I was at home full time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you'll inspire me to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of giving yourself marbles for points after doing housework. Ah, I wish I was a stay at home mum, just imagine how much crafting I could get done.

    Wow, you sure did a lot of crafting this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and your family too Kylie. I like the idea of the $1 for spending if you do your chores - I used to do something similar to encourage myself to iron. For each five items ironed I earned myself time in the sewing room!
    Hope you are settling in to your new home nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shall I hold you to that?? :) I hope you succeed and have a positively sparklingish house all year long!

    xx Skipper aka Domestic Guru.

    ReplyDelete