Friday, November 27, 2009

Long Time, No Post

We are alive, safe and well.  This move has been an eye opener to say the least.  It is at the top of the list for worst moves.  Well I lie, the move went well - it is just everything that went after it is like living a bit of a nightmare. 

Ok - so no power for 5 days - yes you read right - 5 days without power.  That means, NO fridge, TV, computer etc etc etc.
Then the TV doesn't work - ok so a week and a half later we have that sorted. 

And now - I can not get a phone line or internet into the property - seriously starting to think that this house has been struck by lightning or something.

Anyway - have unpacked and squished into the house with a garage full of over fill.  And have run away.  Run away to spend some pre Christmas time with my family and to meet my new little niece who is not so little anymore:)

I have managed to do a little crafting while up with my parents.  I finally finished the Spring Garden Tee.  It is oh so cute and I am wondering if I could upsize it to fit me?  I also managed to whip up a little skirt for her yesterday with some material that my grandmother gave me to make something for Amelia out of.




19 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous top! The last rental we lived in, the phone lines had been chewed through by mice. Once that was sorted, we were all systems go. I hope everything settles down for you soon. The electricity thing must have been horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that the move has been rough. I am glad you are getting it sorted!

    Miss A looks wonderful in that top and skirt!!

    Tooch wood that things continue to improve, or at least become bearable.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice top! Glad to hear that you all arrived safely. Hopefully all the dramas will be sorted out soon so you can enjoy your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos ! Hope everything improves for you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back online! I am glad that most of the problems are finally sorted out with the house.

    The spring garden tee is absolutely gorgeous! I also want one to fit me. What sort of yarn is it made out of? Cotton was my first guess.....

    Much love and hugs to you, missing you muchly down here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation on making it through. What can I say, that sounds like a truly horrid series of events.

    Good Luck, may things settle down from here and allow you to enjoy your new space.

    Kind Regards
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you back online, sorry to hear of your dramas with the move / new abode :(

    Welcome to the sunshine state ;)

    Love that spring top - soo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, sorry to hear the move wasn't the easiest. Beautiful top, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kylie, what drama after drama. I am so glad that you have somewhere to run away too! Love the top and the skirt for Amelia, so very cute. Hope to be able to catch up in the new year.caloutwo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hit by lightning!? Keep that husband of yours away from the fuse box then...

    Glad to hear you escaped for a while, I hope it doesn't take too long to get sorted when you get home. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that your move wasn't so pleasant. The top and skirt are gorgeous! I'm not sure if we will be having an EB catchup before Christmas, it is getting to be such a busy time. Wondering if we should aim for the New Year? But if you ever want to go for a drive to the Southside you are always welcome to come over we have electricity & internet! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to have you 'back' Kylie - so sorry that it's been such a nightmare for you.
    That top is a gorgeous colour, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You poor thing... :(
    I hope all os sorted now and that you are enjoying your break..
    Love the new top, just gorgeous..

    Take Care
    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased you arrived Safe n Sound. Pity it isn't ALL going well for you. Look on the bright side, it can only get better? Right

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased to see you are safe and well!! Will send you an email to get your details from you as we "may" be moving to your neck of the woods next year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! Moving's such a stressful time to begin with, let alone that to happen on top of it. I hope it settles down. If you want a catch up, let me know.

    Love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that looks Completely Divine. I hope Til's comes out as well when it's done. I'm knitting it out of SWTC Bamboo - a pink/purple mix. I've already puelled it out three times. I'm now at the stage where I'm gritting my teeth...

    So sorry to here that Brizzy's beginnings are so inauspicious. Things can only go up from here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous! I love it! is that bendigo cotton you used? it looks beautiful and I'm sure keira wants me to get out the pattern and do it!
    hope you had a great christmas!
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete