Tuesday, November 7, 2006

A Spotty Little Dress

I am so excited! I actually did some sewing yesterday that was for Amelia. I have been focusing all of my thoughts into doing crafty things for the Christmas Markets and think that I have descided that I am not cut out for mass production - I just get too bored too quickly.

So this little dress is made from the McCalls 1983 pattern that I picked up from the op shop a few weeks ago.
It turned out! Considering that it didn't come with instructions.

Next time I will make it a little longer and I think it will sit better when she is up and walking and not constintly pulling the front of it down when she crawls.
I also made a little pair of matching pants to wear under it (have got a real dislike to seeing nappies on babies) and the cute little head srunchie(is that what I would call it?)

I just love Amelia in it, she looks good in lots of colours - think it is due to her hair colour and her olive complection.

2 comments:

  1. Kylie, that dress looks adorable. Well done for not using the pattern - I did send it to you by the way, I thought it may come in handy!
    Well done and you are right, the colour looks fantastic on Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, you talented thing. Your little girl looks so cute. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am looking forward to dressing up my baby, hopefully I can do a good job like you do.

    ReplyDelete