Saturday, June 23, 2012

A new dress

What is a mother to do when she realises that her daughter has (finally*) had a growth spurt and all her current dresses just cover her bottom.

Hit the sewing machine.  Cut out and sewn up in a day,  Amelia chose the fabric the last time that we were in Spotlight.  She has always looked great in hot pink so who was I to say no.

The pattern is the Cowl Neck Jumper Dress by the talented Heidi and Finn. The pattern comes in sizes 12months - 6 years. Amelia is only a small 6 year old and she is at the very end of the pattern sizing's, but I'm thinking that with a little alteration I should be able to up size it for at least another year or two and we still have two little nieces that will fit the size range for a while.

I have not sewn in months, actually this is the first time I have sewn since our move and the first time I have used my new (to me) Horn Sewing Cabinet.  I think I may be getting my sewjo back finally.



*Now measuring 112cm, she best keep growing before Baden passes her (he currently stands at 111cm)

For more creative spaces head on over to Creative Spaces: Vintage Voices.

11 comments:

  1. Kylie - it's gorgeous. And so is she :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a great pattern Kylie! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute - perfect for this weather:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute - perfect for this weather! Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fantastic sewing Kylie, you're back in the swing of sewing now. It's amazing how much time can fly by between sewing once you move, hard to find a groove again. She's growing fast & so pretty, look at her. My children have never gotten wide, just longer, they manage to wear lots of dresses as tops!! I'm sure my son will start over taking his big sisters in the height stakes by the end of primary school, he's well on his way, as everyone shoots up at different times, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute dress. That looks like a great pattern. Yay on the sewjo (although your knitting has been gorgeous)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute :) impressed you managed to get it done so quickly , just like riding a bike you never forget :) go mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very glad you are back at the machine Kylie - it's a very sweet dress.
    What a great gift it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. Gorgeous. Love the pattern, the fabric and the model.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. So fresh, colourful and cheerful. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, she does look great in hot pink. Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete